Buzau WWTP, Buzau County, Romania
Within this contract, our team elaborated full technical proposal for Buzau municipality (Buzau county, Romania) wastewater treatment plant covering preliminary treatment, primary treatment, advanced biological treatment and sludge treatment up to 35% solids content.
The plant was designed for a dry weather maximum daily flowrate of 46.000,0 m3/day serving an equivalent population of 235.000 PE.
The plant’s treatment scheme comprised:
- wastewater treatment: preliminary treatment (wet weather wastewater overflow, screening, screened wastewater pumping, grit and grease removal, septic sludge acceptance station), primary treatment (primary clarification), advanced biological treatment (simultaneous denitrification for biological nitrogen removal, enhanced phosphorus biological removal), chemical phosphorous removal
- sludge treatment: primary sludge gravity thickening, excess sludge gravity thickening, excess sludge mechanical thickening, thickened sludge screening, thickened sludge anaerobic digestion, biogas cogeneration, digested sludge mechanical dewatering and slacked lime stabilization, and stabilized sludge storage
- others: technological air treatment
The following disciplines were covered within the proposal:
- Instrumentation, control and automation (SCADA)
- Roads, platforms and alleys