CL3: Rehabilitation of main wastewater collectors A0+B0 in Bucharest, Romania
The project initiated by the Municipality of Bucharest, Romania, comprised of rehabilitation of the main wastewater collectors A0 and B0.
The rehabilitation works included: shotcreting, relining, joints sealing and micro-tunneling (pipe jacking)
The total length of the rehabilitated collectors is 10.838,70 m, of which, based on the rehabilitation type, had the following lengths:
- Shotcreting – 2.714,0 m
- Relining – 4.968,5 m
- Joints sealing – 2.742,0 m
- Micro-tunneling (pipe jacking) – 414,0 m
The characteristic sections of the rehabilitated collectors were:
- Shotcrete: rectangular 300 x 300 cm, rectangular 250 x 360 cm, bell 240 / 200 cm, bell 200 / 180 cm, egg-shape 180 / 270 cm, egg-shape 160 / 240 cm;
- Relining (GRP piping): egg-shape 160 / 240 cm, egg-shape 140 / 210 cm, egg-shape 110 / 165 cm, egg-shape 100 / 195 cm, egg-shape 100 / 150 cm, circular DN180 cm;
- Joint sealing: rectangular 300 x 360 cm, rectangular 250 x 360 cm, circular DN220 cm, circular DN180 cm;
- Micro-tunneling: concrete circular DN100 cm.
The provided design works within the project did include:
- Structural rehabilitation of the existing collectors;
- Elimination of collector infiltrations;
- Temporary works for project implementation such as access pit shoring, collectors dewatering, wastewater stream diversion, working site ventilation and lighting, site organization;
- Technical assistance;
- Contractor due diligence.